|Title:||Integration of Multicultural Contents into Civics and Ethical Education of Preparatory Level Text Book and the Instructional Process at Wondirad Preparatory School|
|???metadata.dc.contributor.*???:||Temesgen Fereja (PhD)|
|Keywords:||the objectives of civics and ethical education|
|Publisher:||Addis Ababa University|
|Abstract:||The objective of the research was to assess whether the objectives of civics and ethical education underlined by the education and training policy of the country are in line with the actual practice. The attempts made by instructors to achieve the given objectives starting from awareness level of teachers and students, attitude that they have toward multicultural perspectives To seek answer to the basic research questions derived from problems discussed in the statement of the problem.. The study employed both quantitative and qualitative research design and used quantitative methods research in order to measure the awareness level of students and teachers and also to see the attitude that they have toward the integration of multicultural contents in to civics and ethical education text book and instructional practice. The data collected through questionnaire, interview content analysis table. In the analysis, quantitative data were first collated and presented in tables. Then, detail descriptions of figures in each table were given. Correspondently, the qualitative data were quoted and described qualitatively. Finally, subsequent interpretations and descriptions were made in light of the literature reviewed. Data analysis of the background characteristics of the respondents tabulated in line with the profile of the available teachers of civics and ethical education of the preparatory school and changed to its percentage value. The study also tried to see the multicultural practice in relation with learning civics and ethical education ,awareness level of both teachers and students and also tried to see the content of civics and ethical education text book and the approaches used to integrate multicultural teams, beliefs ,issues and practices. Practice, awareness and attitude toward multicultural education in the given school is tried to be analyzed quantitatively and 82% Students respond positively to practice related statements. The rest 9% respond how they don’t not think there are multicultural practices related to the statement. a the book“ concepts text Total 70% of the students have high awareness level . The rest 30 % have lower awareness level. iii most of the teachers about 94% in question seem to have positive attitude toward the multicultural content integration into civics and ethical education text book and instructional practice but the rest 6 percent respond negatively. Themes of the content integration approaches strike balance among knowledge, skill and attitude . Units used as unit of analysis pictures in the units used a important category and the four content integration approaches as unifying entities, change frame to keep them self in the detailed illustration in eclectic position and language to give meaning in the detailed illustration. Units of the text book are used as unit of analysis and topics as core civics and ethical education concept category and the four content integration approaches as unifying entities, change frame to keep them self in the detailed illustration in eclectic position and language to give meaning in the detailed illustration.|
|Appears in Collections:||Thesis - Curriculum & Instruction|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.